MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service, with associated reception duties, maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
* Carry out patrols to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the site 'Daily occurrence book' (found on SmartTask) and reporting any finding to the Security Control Room (SCR) accordingly.
* To provide staff, visitors & contractors to the site with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to someone who can assist appropriately.
* Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the facility are professionally and
politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the site/building.
* Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide up to date information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
* If required as part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Supervisor, Manager or client representative of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
* Ensure and regularly check that the site fire exits are maintained and free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
* Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activation's to check designated areas of concern. Effectively communicate with the SCR/Line Manager to advise of incident situations or actions required of them.
* Ensure CCTV systems are professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with the GDPR legislation and Client operating standards.
* Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Client representative and in accordance with the instructions contained in the Method Statement.
* Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys, passwords etc.
* Conduct routine security administration including the issue of visitor / contractor passes, permits as required.
* Ensure that any lost property left within the premises is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate and is reported to the Security Control Room.
* Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
* Complete relevant records and logbooks, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
* During incidents of inappropriate behaviour or requests for assistance from the staff. Assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the site where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
* Respond to requests to move on vagrants from client property or perimeter and ensure staff are not harassed by providing a visible security presence.
* Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
* Working with the Buildings Management teams (if required) to carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
* Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
* Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with client procedures.
* Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Security Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building/Site and using appropriate language.
* Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Supervisor, Contracts Manager and the client representative.