Start date: Immediately
MadiganGill is a privately owned company which has been trading since 2009, we employ thousands of site-based colleagues across London and beyond.
Consisting of three businesses, we provide logistics packages on large capital construction projects, a resource company supplying labour and skilled trades to construction sites and a security division with SIA qualified guards on a range of sites and premises across several different industries.
To be part of a team providing removal of waste services off a construction site(s) by an approved contractor. The role requires ensuring efficient supply of work bins and faces / levels at all times and monitoring the segregation of waste streams to allow the ease of compaction and recording material waste off site. The role will involve cleaning duties, including small plants and sweepers, and you will be required to assist other operatives working for MadiganGill as and when required.
Specific Accountabilities of the Role
- To help co-ordinate and work as part of a team collecting construction waste from various locations on the site for the purpose of removal (from site) for processing and disposal by a specialised and licenced contractor in accordance with safe working methods and guidelines.
- Under supervision and guidance, learn to identify unacceptable materials so that it is
loaded into the correct recycling and waste bins, and report any issues to the supervisor.
- To be aware of all vehicle movements on site, particularly when near to the waste collection vehicles and how they operate as they load and offload skips, containers and how compactors operate, especially in difficult and restricted areas.
- To assist with the return of containers to the relevant locations within the site for refilling.
- Ensure high standards of waste records and support supervisor for all necessary information being recorded.
- Informing the Logistics Manager/supervisor when skips need changing. Equally, informing them of any found discrepancies with regard to waste management or housekeeping issues arising on site.
- To attend training sessions and undertake activities (e.g. study, attend lessons, complete assignments, exams etc.) in accordance with the ‘Waste Resource. Operative Apprenticeship’ Standard level 2 and the Individual Learning Plan and ultimately work as best you can to successfully complete the course.
- Where required, depending on educational attainment, undertake Functional Skills training in English and Maths.
General Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To work in accordance with your terms of employment and contract of employment.
- Promote the MadiganGill brand and work to your best ability and provide our client with the highest standard of service possible.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, company policies and procedures, employment rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with and actively promote Health and Safety at work legislation, and all relevant policies and procedures.
- Always maintaining clean and clear access ways and work areas on site.
- Always maintaining a safe and waste free site.
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Create rapport and interact with our staff, clients, and operatives with highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Willingness to learn and take responsibility for continuing self-development and participate in training and development activities.
- Ensure that all day-to-day activities are undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Work flexibly during changes in the (site) construction programme and/or as instructed by Supervisor.
Please note, the aforementioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and you may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the Line Manager.
For further enquiries or to apply, please email your application (CV and cover note) to email@example.com, or use the apply form.
Waste Resource Operative Apprentice